Bilingual Safety Manager
GMF Steel Group is seeking a Bilingual Safety Manager, to be based in our Lakeland, FL office. This individual will implement GMF's environmental health and safety plan (EHSP) and related programs at assigned construction project(s)/business units. The safety manager will work with our project management team and our subcontractors to recognize and address potential hazards before they exist and will ensure compliance with our EHSP utilizing behavior-based safety techniques. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Lead and live GMF’s injury-free environment culture.
- Shepherd and develop career path safety coordinator(s).
- Lead pre-qualification processes between GMF and its subcontractors.
- Coach GMF/sub management on safety leadership and management practices.
- Provide trending analysis for project/ regional data on a weekly, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Foster the development of safety programs and protocols.
- Develop and blend site-specific safety plan(s) that incorporates both GMF’s and our core market customers’ safe work practices.
- Assist with the continual development of new methods for abating hazards.
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of worksite activities. Share findings, corrective actions and corrective plans with GMF project management.
- When necessary, GMF EHS should utilize every resource necessary, including escalation, to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment.
- Help monitor the subcontractor selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Measure team engagement regarding safety management practices.
- Administrative duties may include maintaining regional safety files such as safety training documentation, applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including close calls, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety and health documentation.
- Travel will be required between job sites across central Florida
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on construction sites.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in Spanish.
- OSHA 500 training.
- Competent person, train-the-trainer, and other activity specific certifications.
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite.
- Oral and writing skills.
- Degree in safety management or CHST certification a plus.
- Manufacturing / pharmaceutical / OSHPD experience a plus.