GMF Apprenticeship Program
****Hiring for the Next Class, Coming Soon!***
Did you recently graduate High School and are now looking to start your career in the Construction Industry? Do you love working with your hands? Do you want to get paid while you go to school?
GMF Steel Group’s Apprenticeship Program will help you do just that!
You’ll receive free classes once a week, get paid to learn, work 40 hours in the field, and there is no tuition fee! All the classes provided are registered, NCCER accredited, and industry recognized across the nation.
All employees are eligible for company benefits after 90 days. These benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- GMF Paid $25,000 life insurance coverage
- Additional life insurance purchase options
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- After 1,000 hours of employment, employees are also eligible to participate in the GMF Steel Group 401(k) Plan with employer matching contributions.
Salary Range: Earn up to $28/hour
Hours: 10-hour shifts Monday-Thursday, Classes held on Fridays
GMF Steel Group believes in careers that grow with you, and we want to provide those growth opportunities as you innovate, explore your curiosity, and drive your passions forward.
- GMF Steel Group is an Inc 5000 company and one of the fastest growing Steel firms in the Southeastern US.
- GMF Steel Group is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida with offices in Lakeland, Orlando, Tampa, and Winston-Salem.
- GMF Steel Group Fabrication Plant is located in Lakeland, Florida and produces over 20,000 tons of Structural Steel annually with the latest BIM fabrication technology.
- GMF Steel Group services the Southeastern US and Gulf Coast with over 150 employees across 5 offices.
- GMF Steel Group core sectors of the Structural Steel market include Amusement Parks, Sports Arenas, Office, Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Retail, Light and Heavy Industrial projects.
- GMF incorporates the latest technology through Building Information Modeling (BIM) to integrate all facets of Steel Construction and 4-D modeling.
- GMF Steel Group is an AISC Certified Fabricator and AISC Advance Certified Erector.
- GMF Steel Group takes pride in recruiting and developing the best talent through education of latest technology and best practices.
Want to see what it’s like to work at GMF? Click the link below to watch our Hype Video!