Location : Lakeland, FL
Job Type : Internal Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Office Engineer is responsible for assisting project manager and/or superintendent with day-to-day tasks of managing Structural Steel Projects.
Day to Day tasks include:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate Structural Steel Projects
- Develop Pre-Construction Schedule and Erection Burn Rate
- Select and oversee work performed by Sub-Contractors or employees
- Oversee construction workers and their immediate supervisors
- Ensure the project is completed within a specified time
- Determine labor requirements
- Ensure the construction work is completed on schedule in conjunction with Site Superintendent or Field Foreman
- Oversee delivery of materials, construction tools, and equipment
- Ensure all safety precautions are adhered to
- Coordinate safety inspections with Safety Director
- Monitor compliance with set regulations and project specifications per AISC
- Develop Schedule of Values from Estimators proposal
- Coordinate document control with project accountants
- Oversee overall profitability of project with burn rate tracking and cost tracking via accounting software
- Review and negotiate contracts with client and involvement of legal team as required
- Schedule kick-off meetings with internal team
- Schedule pre-erection kick off meeting with erectors and safety personnel
- Ability to read structural steel shop drawings
- Ability to read Architectural and Structural plans
- Coordinate shop drawings with in-house engineering department or modeling sub-contractor
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to schedule project using Microsoft Project
- Ability to successfully coordinate with clients and build long term relationships
- Quantify steel elements both structural and misc. of a project
- Develop knowledge of steel construction pricing
- Assist in BIM/VDC Coordination meeting aiming to implementation of best practices and value to both Clients and GMF
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or other required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Starting Pay: $60,000
- Based on Experience
- Monday – Friday
- 8 AM – 6 PM
- GMF Steel Group is an Inc 5000 company and one of the fastest growing Steel firms in the Southeastern US.
- GMF Steel Group is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida with offices in Lakeland, Orlando, Tampa, and Winston-Salem.
- GMF Steel Group Fabrication Plant is located in Lakeland, Florida and produces over 20,000 tons of Structural Steel annually with the latest BIM fabrication technology.
- GMF Steel Group services the Southeastern US and Gulf Coast with over 150 employees across 5 offices.
- GMF Steel Group core sectors of the Structural Steel market include Amusement Parks, Sports Arenas, Office, Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Retail, Light and Heavy Industrial projects.
- GMF incorporates the latest technology through Building Information Modeling (BIM) to integrate all facets of Steel Construction and 4-D modeling.
- GMF Steel Group is an AISC Certified Fabricator and AISC Advance Certified Erector.
- GMF Steel Group takes pride in recruiting and developing the best talent through education of latest technology and best practices.
Required Qualifications :